In the 30+ years our President & CEO, Jeff Sturges, has made the scene of the Head of the Charles Regatta, not one was filled with as much bluebird sky as this one. The weather couldn't have been better and the rowing was phenomenal. Being part of the action and seeing so many of our patrons, new and old, having a great experience was a special honor for us.
Just a few of the RESOLUTE Highlights:
- We were thrilled to see Brown University women take gold in the Championship Women's Fours in their brand-new RESOLUTE.
- Molesey Boat Club and Marlow Rowing Club had fantastic performances in RESOLUTE, with the Marlow Ladies Masters 4+ earning gold in the 40+ category with Dame Katherine Grainger. Their winning margin was 42 seconds over the second place boat. The two mens crews each earned silvers, as did Molesey's Parent/Child duo, David and Max Gillard in the Director's Challenge.
- Riverside Boat Club also had striking wins in the Men's Club Fours and the Men's Club Eights in RESOLUTES.
- Berkeley and Cambridge each took home hardware head to head in RESOLUTES in the Senior Master Women's Fours 50+ category.
- Kent Mitchell Rowing Club took first in the Veteran’s Men’s Fours in their new RESOLUTE, beating the second place crew by almost 2 minutes.
- From Cologne, Germany, it was a bronze finish in RESOLUTE for the RV Kreuzgasse Lightweight Women's Fours. It's particularly gratifying to see international crews visit and have a stellar experience with us.
And that was just the tip of the iceberg! We loved seeing so many crews rowing hard and racing RESOLUTE this past weekend and had a blast offering our services -- RESOLUTE boats were nearly 200-strong out there, including those from the following crews:
RESOLUTE had two professional photographers out covering the event ~ Check out the galleries and find your favorites below.
- Photo Galleries
> RESOLUTE photos by Kate Mouligne (sorted by Event # and Crew)
Congratulations to all of the crews and event organizers. We thank you for another amazing year at Head of the Charles ~ See you next year!