We Are Hiring
Two great positions currently available at Resolute Racing;
LAMINATION SUPERVISOR - Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in lamination.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Interprets specifications and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Estimates, requisitions, and inspects materials.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Sets up machines and equipment.
- Reports machine and equipment malfunctions to maintenance personnel.
- Performs lamination duties of workers supervised.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.
- Directly supervises non‑supervisory employees.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Oral Communication Skills
Lifting up to 75 pounds
Ability to bend, stoop, squat, stand or walk for extended periods of time
High School Diploma or Equivalent. Prior experience helpful.
PRODUCTION ENGINEER - As the Production Engineer you will be required to provide technical and engineering support to day-to-day production activities and development projects as well as lead and direct the production team at Resolute.
This role is one of the leadership roles at the Resolute Rowing company.
The incumbent will be the senior person on site for all technical, production and safety related matters.
The incumbent will be the line manager of all production staff in the factory.
As the Production Engineer you will be required to provide technical and engineering support to day-to-day production activities and development projects as well as lead and direct the production team at Resolute.
The incumbent is a member of the Leadership team of the company and is expected to contribute positively and proactively to the success of the company. Working effectively as a team member is critical to the success of the role and the organisation.
The following are indicative of what will be expected of you in the role of Production Engineer:
· This is a hands-on leadership role.
· The Production Engineer is expected to lead and direct the shop floor team to achieve the desired outcomes, effectiveness and this will ultimately impact the profitability of the company..
· The Production Engineer will assist on the shop floor as needed. This includes production support and direction, process control and process improvement, materials selection, control and recording of production data.
· The Production Engineer is responsible for all Quality control and record keeping.
· The Production Engineer needs to be an effective people manager and to manage resource allocation and organizing of day-to-day operations and tasks.
· The Production Engineer is responsible for all Continuous Improvement and Project management including internal coordination of improvement and optimisation initiatives on all boats, fittings and fixtures, and
· The Production Engineer will liaise externally with customers as needed when called upon by the sales team.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Production Engineer will primarily lead the day-to-day activities of the production team and provide direction to the team on all matters in relation production, engineering and technical.
The Production Engineer will be responsible for:
- Safety - Ensuring that the company provides a clean and safe workplace for all shop floor employees.
- People management including regular performance management.
- Planning and resource (people and materials) allocations in the most efficient way in order to meet the objectives of the business.
- Production and Quality control, completion of all necessary paperwork and reports in a timely and accurate manner and associated record keeping.
- Assisting the company administration team with compilation of production work orders and job files, as and when necessary.
- Promoting a continuous improvement environment across the company specifically in relation to efficient and effective manufacturing procedures and processes and minimising waste.
- Liaising with Design, Engineering, CNC and other technical resources based at the Sykes business in Australia and providing the link back to the operation at Resolute Rowing.
- Any other duties assigned by the President or Executive of the company.
The incumbent will be good at detail and be highly goal orientated and be able to multi-task in a fast-paced, ever changing environment and possess a high degree of problem-solving capabilities.
The incumbent will have very good inter-personal skills and effective leadership kills.
The incumbent will be able to manage subordinates and win their trust and also be able to interact with other senior managers at the business and thereby build an efficient safe and supportive environment.
SPECIALIST KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS.
Above having a “Can-Do” attitude, having a strong work ethic and being a team player, the incumbent should have strong leadership skills and have (or be able to be trained to have) the following:
Knowledge: a comprehensive understanding of:
- Composite materials and associated production methods.
- Company production processes and objective.s
- Company safety policies and procedures.
- Company Policies.
- Occupational health and safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- How to read drawings and interpret specifications.
- Scope of both one’s own and other necessary trades.
- Knowledge of internal administrative tools and systems.
Skills: the ability to:
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing, with good comprehension
- Effective interpersonal skills
· Assess production crew skills
· Coach, mentor and/ or teach supervisors and crew members as appropriate
- Apply good problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- See how the work and tasks fits into the production schedule
- Handle the administrative duties of position, including completion of required documents
- Effectively use computers and other technology applicable to the job
- Effectively use time management and goal setting
- Either a Batchelor’s Degree in Engineering or Production Management in a relevant discipline or alternatively a technical qualification in composits manufacturing or boat building.
- Ideally at least 3 years practical hands-on experience in a similar environment.
Please upload your details (https://www.resoluteracing.com/careers)